Membership Has Its Benefits
If you are interested in becoming a member of the
Bureau, please contact us by calling 515.232.4032.
There is an annual membership assessment which covers
a variety of member benefits. For an online membership application,
click here or download a pdf application and invoice.
To get detailed listings of our membership benefits, click to expand or collapse the menus below
download our current membership benefits information. We hope you will see that membership provides awareness for your business in many ways and opportunities for you to participate on many different levels.
> Business Development
You're already juggling a variety of responsibilities within your business or organization, so we'd like to make it a little easier with access to travel industry information and resources to help your business succeed.
- Twice each year, you'll receive an oversize 12-month wall calendar with upcoming conferences and events, plus a variety of university and community activities.
- As a member, you'll also have the opportunity to submit events to be listed on the printed wall calendar.
- Receive "members only" weekly
email update containing information on upcoming conferences and events,
marketing opportunities, membership
updates and other newsworthy
- Printable weekly welcome posters and updated monthly event calendars are included in each email.
Opportunity to be Involved in Local Travel Industry
- Participate on various Bureau and industry committees, from destination marketing to event planning.
- Receive travel and hospitality industry trend updates.
- As a member, you have access to a variety of professional development opportunities.
Ames Community Grant Program
- Members have an opportunity to apply for an Ames Community Grant to help them promote and fund a variety of projects and events in the Ames area.
- All grant Recipients must be a member of the Bureau.
Invitation to Bureau Annual Meeting
- Bureau annual event provides networking opportunities for members and an opportunity to learn more about the travel industry in a professional setting.
- Invitations to this event are limited to members. Each member
who pays by December 31 will receive two complimentary tickets, which includes dinner, networking and the program.
> Hospitality Services
Many of the services offered by the Bureau are designed for groups and visitors to Ames but are also available to members of the Bureau for visitors or special events they may host or be involved with.
Ames Welcome Bags
- Bureau welcome bags work great for distributing registration or promotional materials to each registered delegate or guest coming to Ames.
- Loyal Ames residents provide friendly and professional assistance for event registration, at information areas and as hotel or airport greeters.
- Bureau ambassadors also can be step-on guides for tours of the Ames area.
VIP Welcome Baskets
- Welcome baskets for your key VIPs, special guests or speakers are available through the Bureau for nominal cost.
- An "official welcome" by a city or university representative can be arranged for your event.
Hotel and Meeting Space Availability
- During times of heavy demand for overnight rooms in Ames, including during a major
conference or event, Iowa State graduation or even an Iowa State football weekend, the Bureau maintains an updated list of available hotel rooms.
- Even if you need one hotel room for a family member, the Bureau can help arrange the
closest room available, in or near Ames.
- The Bureau maintains a list
of event and meeting spaces.
Feel free to contact us for
assistance with arranging your
next meeting or event.